Wednesday, September 3, 2008

What a Difference the Temperature Makes!

Fall is finally in the air! I know we've probably got several more days of heat ahead of us, but there is light at the end of the tunnel! When I stepped outside to take Zack to school this morning... WOW! The cool breeze was so wonderful! It's been a long time since I've had anything positive to say about the weather, so this is a breakthrough for me!

I love fall. Some of my best memories are during the fall months of the year. Every year when it starts getting cooler I think back to my high school band days and smile. I know, I'm a nerd, but I loved those years so much. And every morning I can hear the LakeView HS band practicing several blocks away from my house and it really adds to those memories.

Ahhh... the good ole days when life was simpler. Someone else was worrying about bills and mortgages and kids and jobs and responsibilies... someone else was running the church and we just enjoyed being there... someone else was remembering their own "good ole days."

I love my life. It's simpler than most, for which I am very grateful. I don't worry as much as I used to because I'm learning more every day that leaving things in God's hands is the best way to live. It's harder some days than others, but on days like today, when the air is cool and fresh and the morning starts out beautiful, it's like God giving me a little pep talk.

Now that's an idea! My own little pep rally... no cheerleaders or marching bands needed... just a little taste of fall in the air. Who said life had to be complicated anyway? :)

"I will refresh the weary and satisfy the faint." Jeremiah 31:25

1 comment:

ree said...

I love this post!!

I'm a fan of fall, too. I feel like a big dork sometimes b/c I feel the need to find out when homecoming is and see if there's anyway I can work it into my schedule. Once in a while it works out, but it's kinda disappointing. Different people, different times.

I love those marching band pieces of flair on facebook! It makes me smile!