Okay, I have to get this off my chest.
I love my son. I love my husband. (I love my daughter too, but she's not part of this story...). I love the idea of my son having years of special memories from Cub Scouts. Right? Right.
However, as usual I have found myself roped into saying yes when I should probably say no. But because I want this for Zack, and he wants it too, I am now a Tiger Cub Scout leader.
Go ahead. Picture me putting up a tent in my scout uniform. Laugh. Feel better? I know I do. HA!
The plan was for AJ to be Zack's adult partner in the whole thing, but due to his schedule, it's not gonna happen that way. And due to a shortage in willing (and capable... and what exactly does THAT mean?!) volunteers, I was asked to be a den leader.
So, being the mom who doesn't want to let her son down (Tiger Cubs must have an adult present at every meeting/event), I will be going to scout meetings for the rest of my life.
I know, it's not as bad as it seems. I'm not really upset about it either. Maybe a little apprehensive and nervous... but I think it will be fun. I do know it will require me to let go of some other things, but it's been time for that for a while anyway. Funny how things work out that way, isn't it?
Funny - ha, ha?
Or funny - queer?
Picture me in that uniform with the tent again and you'll have your answer!
So, does anyone want to buy some yummy boy scout popcorn??? :)
1 comment:
Oh, my goodness...
Thanks for the laugh this early in the morning!
The way you worded this was hilarious! I'm not laughing AT you...really, I'm not!
:)
Post a Comment