Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Liars, tall tales and b.s., oh my!

Okay. This is a venting post. Consider that a warning.

That's funny since lately a great number of my posts have been complete vent sessions. This one really is though, so much so that I'm categorizing it as such.

Short and sweet:

If you haven't lied to me lately, THANK YOU. Feel free to stop reading here.

If you have lied to me recently, I KNOW YOU ARE LYING and I pray God goes easy on you.

I don't have time for that kind of ridiculousness and I will not tolerate it. People who lie break trusts, ruin relationships and destroy reputations. Lying just to make yourself look better, especially at someone else's expense, is so incredibly childish and selfish. I am not in junior high and refuse to play that game.

I can't stand liars. I don't want to have conversations with people who can't tell the truth.

I know there's a very remote chance that the people who I'm referring to will actually read this. But just in case they do, please understand that I will no longer let the tall tales go without saying something. And I'm not overly worried about offending you by calling you out, either. You've offended me with your lies.

Life's too short and too precious to spend time weeding out truth from fiction.

No comments: