Monday, October 15, 2007

Gotta Start Somewhere

So I just spent more time looking for a layout for this thing than I will probably ever spend blogging. Typical of my life... I seem to spend way too much time thinking and not enough doing.



As I'm writing this, my washing machine is doing a dance across the laundry room floor... sounds like it could blow up at any moment. Let's hope if it decides to do so, it will wait until tomorrow. There's too much laundry to do today!



I don't know what posessed me to start writing this, other than I'm sure there are lots of other things I should be doing, and my subconsious knows that. The past few months my head has been in another galaxy anyway. I have told several people lately that I haven't felt like myself since July or so.



I know I've had a lot going on, but I can't really place all the blame there. Deeper issues are weighing me down more so than usual. I can usually let everything roll off my back, but these days that is getting harder and harder to do.



I think maybe part of my problem is that I know I have it better than a lot of folks I know. And for that I am very grateful. But recently I have been privvy to several situations with other people that I truly can't fathom how they are still making it. If I were in their shoes, I don't know that I could even get up in the mornings. But that doesn't make my burdens any lighter for ME. So maybe part of it is guilt. Guilt for what I don't know, but anyway... I am starting to ramble.



Everyday concerns associated with life have started to overwhelm me... from housework, to money, to the kids, to my marriage, to church... suddenly it seems like everything takes so much more effort. Maybe I'm just tired. Maybe I need a vacation... yeah... a weekend in Fredericksburg! That would help at least. Now, to find a bank to rob to fund it! :)



I don't know if I'm cut out for this blogging thing. If I'm going to do this, I need to practice my typing. My mind works way too fast for my fingers!



Well I don't know if that counts as a blog, but laundry beckons so it will have to do...

No comments: